Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: john marius <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We know how hard it is to get a loan when you really need it, that’s why we offer instantly loans to everyone, whether you are having credit problems. We are sure of guaranteeing you your desired loan.
We offer this following loans;
Small Business Loan
Loans available from R20 000 to R850 000 000, If you want it, we will finance it immediately.
“OUR LOANS ARE PAID SO FAST, YOU CAN SET YOU WATCH TO IT”
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used are both free Gmail addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email appears to be targeting South Africans, but was received by someone in the UK.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.