Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Williams Tonsan <email@example.com>
Reply-To: Williams Tonsan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Loan Offer!! Do you need a loan? if yes, reply for more
information……. We offer private, commercial and personal loans at
interest rates as low as 2%. We give out loans ranging from $ 2000 to
$ 100 million.
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Bénin Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address it was sent from belongs to a Peruvian Government website and is most likely spoofed or has been hacked.
- The reply email address is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originates for Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered and low interest rate.