Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: “Jesus A. Perez H.” <email@example.com>
Do you need a loan to start up a business,clear bill? pls contact us for more details.via email firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Ticsa-asn City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to and appears to be a hijacked Mexican Government email address.
- The email addresses to reply to is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a know Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.