Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: “WE OFFER LOAN AT 2% INTEREST RATE” <email@example.com>
Cc: “CITGROUP@FINANCIER.COM” <CITGROUP@financier.com>
Reply-To: “CITGROUP@FINANCIER.COM” <CITGROUP@financier.com>
Subject: Join me at Grace Church
To: [long list of email addresses]
WE OFFER LOAN AT 2% INTEREST RATE, E-MAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION: CITGROUP@FINANCIER.COM
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free email address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients, whose email addresses were all in the “To:” field.
- The email was send using a “share this” form on a religious website.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculously low interest rate being offered.