Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: AE <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: Our Soft Loan Mainly for Individuals & Cooperate Bodies
We are a Licensed Investment company in UAE, duo to market quest for maximizing our shareholders value in our company, we are looking out for a viable investment projects outside UAE we can fund as a soft loan under our ongoing cooperate finance program at 3% interest rate per annum without collateral.
We are mostly interested in the following sectors; Oil/Gas, Banking, Real estate, Stock Speculation, Mining, Transportation, Hotel & Tourism, Health Sector, Tobacco, Communication Services, Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing, Thus any feasible sector.
Note that the borrower shall procure a Surety Bond from the Insurance company base here in Dubai for the Security Coverage.
If you have any viable project which requires funding, we would like to work with you, send the business plan or any related documents via email at; email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, or who they are regulated by.
- The email claims to be from a company in the UAE, but was sent using a Japanese domain.
- The email mentions that a Surety Bond will be required. This is how the scammer will steal your money – by referring you to a fake Insurance company.