Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: “Aberdeen Assets & Finance” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reply-To: “Aberdeen Assets & Finance” <email@example.com>
Subject: The Interest Rate could be as low as 2% with between 5 to 10 years period of Re-payment.
My name is Jonathan Allison Staff and a Broker to Aberdeen Asset and Finance with Home office at the United Kingdom with branches all over the world. In times of Economic Recovery all over the world, we are offering Loans to both small and large scale Businesses at a very low interest rate. The Interest Rate could be as low as 2% with between 5 to 10 years period of Re-payment. If you are interested in acquiring loan to promote and grow your business you can take advantage of this rare business opportunity by contacting us back of your interest and also stating specifically your preferred area of investment.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to and the one used to sent it is a Vietnamese domain.
- The email addresses used are both free Gmail and Yahoo addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The Opiginating IP address 10.1.1.10 is fake and has been spoofed to hide the sender’s true location.
- The low interest rate being offered.