Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: GCG FINANCE <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reply-To: GCG FINANCE <email@example.com>
Subject: Easy Loan Offer
I want to use this medium and opportunity to inform everyone that our
company is giving out loans in a very affordable and low interest rate
of 3%. We are offering loans ranging from $ 5,000 to 10 Million US
Dollars without any pre-payment penalty involved. We offer full legal
documentation of the funding as well as approval and licensing of
accredited funds to customers within 3-5 working business days.
We offer loan programs ranging from;
Hard Money Loans,
Joint Venture Loans,
Student Loans, Car Loans,
Construction Loans, Bridge Loans,
Private Loans, Mortgage Loans, ETC
Please Kindly contact via email if you are interested in obtaining any
kind of loan. We will be readily available to attend to you and assist
More Information will be given, as soon as you wish to apply.
Thank you and have a nice working day.
Public Relations Officer / Loan Agent,
Zebra Finance Company.
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Emts-nigeria-as City: Abuja Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to and the email address used to sent it belongs to a US educational establishment.
- The company name in the email headers is totally different from that in the email body.
- The email addresses used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC
- The email gives no indication of where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email was sent from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud scam hotspot