Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: John Wells <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Loan Info To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
Do you still need loan from us? Please revert back so we can close your loan transaction ASAP, We have already spent too much time trying to close your loan application.
I need reply ASAP.
+1 404 4004 211
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email gives the indication that the recipient has had previous correspondence with them, but they hadn’t.
- The way that the telephone number is written is not how anyone actually in the USA would write their telephone number.