Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: inesvojvodic <email@example.com> Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Re Received: from [184.108.40.206] (Forwarded-For: 220.127.116.11)
This is to notify the general public that Mr Michael Richards has
opened an opportunity to every one in need of any financial help We give out loan to individuals, firms and companies under a clear and understandable terms and condition. Email:email@example.com
Mr Michael Richards
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used is a free AOL address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.
This email was also sent to another email address using “paunka <firstname.lastname@example.org>” as the sender, again from the same IP address.