Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Financial A & S <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Subject: Do You Require funding aid? Reply-to: email@example.com Received: from 126.96.36.199 ([188.8.131.52])
In order to expand our activities, we render financial assistance to both
private individuals and corporate bodies at 3%/Annum, irrespective of their
credit rating. If the offer interests you please contact us for further
information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used is a free email address addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated in Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.