Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Asghar Valikhani <email@example.com> Reply-To: Asghar Valikhani <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Corporate and Personal Loan
We are offering corporate and Personal Loan at 3% Interest
Rate for a duration of 10Years.
We also pay 1% commission to brokers, who introduce project
owners for finance or other opportunities.
Please get back to me if you are interested for more
Chief Financial Officer
From the website
Alsea Investment Group
No G-3 A1 Khan District, Sharja U.A.E
Sun-Sat (Fri Off)
WhoIs details for alseainvestmentgroup.com
Creation Date: 2018-04-16T06:36:24.00Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-04-16T06:36:24.00Z Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used belongs to a domain that was anonymously registered a month and a half ago.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no company name (it was only discovered by checking the website).
- The email gives no indication of who Alsea Investment Group are regulated by or in what countries they are authorised to operate.