Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org To: Recipients <email@example.com> Subject: Increase your Income
247 Home Loan gives 2.0% on Home,Business and Personal Loans.BLACKLISTED can Apply.Contact Our Helpline on 087 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous interest rate being offered to people who are “blacklisted”.