Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Maria Paula Martins <email@example.com> Subject: Do You Need A Loan? Reply-To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> To: undisclosed-recipients:; x-originating-ip: [220.127.116.11]
Do you need a personal or business loan? We offers 2% interest loan
Do you need a mortgage loan apply now and contact us now at:
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Benin City Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.