Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Info info <email@example.com> Subject: firstname.lastname@example.org To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
Dear Customer We Offer Private loan, Commercial and Personal Loans with very Minimal annual Interest Rates as Low as 3% within a 1year to 10 years repayment duration period to any part of the world. We give out loans within the range of $5,000 USD to $75,000,000,00 USD.Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority.Interested applicants should Contact us with the information below details.
Secretary Name: Mr Hans Vaupelsi
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is free usa.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by, but the email address hints at them being Wells Fargo Bank.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.