Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Mr.Steven Oakwood." <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: <email@example.com> Subject: PROJECT FUNDING PORTFOLIOS. To: undisclosed-recipients:;
PROJECT FUNDING PORTFOLIOS
Our Group invite you to partner with us and benefit in our new Loan and Project funding program. We offer flexible loans and funding for various projects bypassing the usual rigorous procedures. This Funding
program allows a client to enjoy low interest payback for as low as 3 – 4% per annul for a period of 5-10 years. We can approve a loan/funding for up to USD1, 800,000,000.00 or more depending on the nature of business. We are
currently funding for:
* Starting up a Franchise
* Business Acquisition
* Business Expansion
* Commercial Real Estate purchase
* Contract Execution
We are open to having a good business relationship with you. If you think you have a solid background and idea of making good profit in any venture, please do not hesitate to contact us for possible business co-operation.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used are both free Gmail and Yandex addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.