Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: FRANK YEOMAN LOAN FIRM <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: LOAN OFFER @ 3% X-Originating-IP: [220.127.116.11]
A legitimate loan firm .With our technology we can approve a suitable loan in minutes.We lend from 3,000 DOLLARS to 10,000,000 DOLLARS at just 3% interest rate with Flexible repayment over 1 to 30 years.Kindly email back via:
Reply Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report [b]Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 [b]Originating ISP: Globacom-as [b]City: Lagos [b]Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.