Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "R/F Service" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-to: email@example.com To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Offer Received: from 220.127.116.11 (18.104.22.168 [22.214.171.124])
REGIONS FINANCIAL SERVICE
currently giving out loan at 3% interest rate.
We offer variety of finance including: Personal loan, Home loan, Debt Consolidation loans, Car loans, agricultural loan, business loans and company loans at 3% interest rate per annual and it is fixed. Please contact us via email: for more info
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria Communication Limited City: Emure-ekiti Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan is based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.