Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
To: [Redacted - long list of victim email addresses] Subject: Join me at Grace Church From: LOAN OFFER <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do you need a loan if yes email us on email@example.com to get your loan now
Duration of Loan:
Purpose for Loan:
Contact Phone Number:
Awaiting to do business with you.
Join us on Saturday at 6PM or Sunday morning for our 9 or 10:45am services. No need to dress up.
1310 County Road B2 W Roseville, MN 55113
I hope you’ll join me.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients, with all of their email addresses shown to the recipients.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email was sent using the “share this” feature of a religious website.