Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.100.129] (unknown [184.108.40.206]) Subject: LOAN OFFER To: Recipients <koron.pl.com> From: koron.pl.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer loans at 3% interest rate,interested person should please Contact us today at email@example.com or whatsapp us at +1 (734)234-1332 for your urgent loan…
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Safaricom City: Nairobi Country of Origin: Kenya
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Kenya, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.