Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org X-Originating-IP: 126.96.36.199 Subject: Attention Beneficiary
We offer flexible loans and funding for various projects
at low interest payback for as low as 3% annually for a period of 5-25 years.
We can broker for a loan/funding from 20 Million to 10 Billion Euro or USD,
depending on the nature of business.
We are currently funding for:-
* Starting up a Franchise
* Business Acquisition
* Business Expansion
* Commercial Real Estate purchase
* Contract Execution, ETC.
Do not hesitate to contact us for possible business co-operation.
Mr. Mark Harding
To Blue Dragon Financial
London – UK.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who the lender is regulated by.
- The telephone number used is a mobile phone number, which a legitimate lender would not use as its main point of contact.
- The ridiculous amounts of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.