Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Business and Personal Loan Offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Capital Funding Services <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Received: from DESKTOP-MNEHN9H.localdomain (unknown [22.214.171.124])
Are you a Business Owner or a Broker/Financial Consultant looking for a Business loan, ranging from $1 Million USD to $200 Million USD? Are you already in a middle of Project or you want to setup a new Project? We offer both recourse and non-recourse loan. We do offer 100% funding of loan Projects, provided the Project is interesting and profiting. We equally offer Personal loans to individuals ranging from $5,000.00 USD to $200,000.00 USD and our loans interest rate ranges from 3% to 4.5% interest rate per annual. Contact us today for more details and application form if interested in our offer.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Smile-nigeria-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.