Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.1.73] (unknown [188.8.131.52]) Subject: 2% Loan offe apply now.. To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need an Urgent loan?? Apply for 2% loan today and be financially stabled. Email us now for more details.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Roke Investments International Ltd City: Kampala Country of Origin: Uganda * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Uganda, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.