Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: loan offer apply here To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com Received: from [126.96.36.199]
We offer personal and business loan at 2% interest rate within 1 year to 19 years repayment duration, we offer loan with capital base between the amount of $3,000 to $500,000,000 to Individuals, companies and Cooperate Bodies. for more details please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. John Wright
MainOne Financial Services Ltd
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Abuja Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
WhoIs details for mainonefinanceco.com
Creation Date: 2018-03-19T18:35:33Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-03-19T18:35:33Z Registrant State/Province: Kualampur Registrant Country: MY
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The reply to email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.
- The email address quoted in the email is from a domain that was registered less than 6 months ago, by someone in Malaysia (another Internet fraud hotspot).