Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [126.96.36.199] From: LEGIT LOANS <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: CERTIFIED LOAN OFFER Reply-To: email@example.com
DO YOU NEED A LEGIT LOAN? IF YES EMAIL US TODAY WITH FULL DETAILS
(1) Your names. ..
(2) Your country..
(3) Your address ..
(4) Your marital status..
(5) Phone number..
(6) Monthly Income..
(7) Loan Amount..
(8) Loan Duration..
(9) Have you apply for a loan before……
Email Us At: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: As-natcom City: Surulere Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email address is clearly not selected by someone who knows anything about the loan industry.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The use of the word “legit” is not something a real lender would ever consider doing.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.