Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: <email@example.com> From: Robert Schow <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: 3% LOAN OFFER!!! Received: from [126.96.36.199]
You are seeking a business loan up to $50 Million, I offer fast closings for qualified applicants.
i would like to know how soon you need this loan and also need more information on the project you
are working on. If you are in need of my services or funding and your project includes Land,Real Estate.
Agricultural & Private Business/Project. Contact me: email@example.com
Robert Schow, CEO
On behalf of;
FINANCE FALCON LLC.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Spectranet City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.