Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Do you need a Loan? To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: jimmy <email@example.com> Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 12:26:34 -0700 Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Received: from [172.20.10.2] (unknown [220.127.116.11])
Do you need a Loan ? We give out reputable Loans to both personal individuals, Co-operate firms and Investors . We render Auto Loans, Car Loan, Personal Loan, loans, Business Loan, Educational Loan, Debt consolidation, by 2% interest rate.
Our loans range between 5,000.00 to 20,000,000.00 U.S Dollar or Euro or Pound with a maximum Loan duration of 1 to 15 years. If you are interested E.T.C . Contact us with infomation.
LoaN Amount Needed:
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Warri Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.