Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Financial Service <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: GET FAST SECURED AND UNSECURED LOANS
GET FAST SECURED AND UNSECURED LOANS
Here at Fidelity Loans we offer a wide variety of financial services to individuals and businesses owners. We work with small, medium, and large-scale businesses to help them either get started or expand into new territories.
We help fund small businesses when needed most to expand existing business, buy capital equipment, pay expenses and for many other needs such as advertising, rent, renovation etc.
We give out loan from $5.000 To $2,000,000 with a very low rate of 6.9% From the period of 1 to 30 years duration.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used are free Gmail & Yandex addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based (the assumption is that they are in South Africa based on the phone number) or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The telephone number is from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.