Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Lee Chang <email@example.com> Subject: EMERGENCY LOAN To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 3%
Is the difficulty of the economy affecting you this year, is your bank refuses to give you a loan? If your answer is yes, then you need a loan. I’m Mr Lee Chang, the owner of a lending company We offer safe and secure loans at an interest rate of 3%.
* Are you financially squeezed?
* Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
* Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
* Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
* Do you seek loans to carry out large projects?
If you have any of the above problems, we can be of assistance to you but I want you to understand that we give out loans at the interest rate of 3%.
* Borrow anything up to $90,000,000 USD.
* Choose between 1 to 20 years to repay.
* Choose between Monthly and Annual repayments Plan.
* Flexible Loan Terms.
Please if you are interested check back with us through this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
We promise a 100% guarantee that you will receive your loan at the end of this loan transaction.There is no security check, no credit check
LEE CHANG LOAN COMPANY
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- No legitimate lender offers guaranteed loans, they want to assess customers and do credit checks before making an offer.