Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Business and Personal Loan Offer ... Apply Now To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Ruben Robert < firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Received: from [188.8.131.52]
Goodday, Mr/Mrs, do you need an urgent loan? We offer with 2%, we offer both business and personal loans worldwide
contact us with name, amount, duration, phone number, country, city and home address… We offer all kinds of loan that you
need today… For more information, please send us an email for more information Reply:
Phone number: + 1 209-497-4005
Financial Home Services
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Spectranet City: Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free protonmail.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of the name of the company that is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- Companies can not offer loans worldwide. To do that they would need to have a presence and be regulated in every single country.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.