Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP: 184.108.40.206
Are you looking for a reputable company that gives out Business and Personal loans with low interest rate of just 2%, then you are at the right place, give it a try and you will not be disappointed by us, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Thanks. Mr. Mike Morgan
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Zainugas City: n/a Country of Origin: Uganda * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Uganda, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.