Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: CLIMAX FINANCES <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: Loan Offer X-Originating-IP: [188.8.131.52]
Do you need a loan of any kind? If yes email us now for more info
Brauchen Sie einen Kredit? Wenn ja, mailen Sie uns jetzt für weitere Informationen
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Emts-nigeria-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.