Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: “SEAL INVESTMENT AND LOAN’S” <email@example.com>
Subject: INVESTMENT FUNDING OPPORTUINTY
My name is Robert Saunders, An Investment Manager here in the USA, Asia, Europe and Canada. we represent the interests of every wealthy Investors mainly from all parts of the world. Due to the sensitivity of their position they hold in their Organizations and the unstable investment environment of their countries they prefer to channel/move majority of their funds into more stable economic and developing nations where they can get good yield of their money and its safety.
Furthermore !! Kindly let us know your acceptance to this offer we will then provide you with all necessary information’s including the amount involved, at the moment our Investors have up to (USD 1, 800,000,000.00) or more depending on the nature of business, we will also like to know what project you have in mind or at hand that needs funding because our investors are very serious, This Funding opportunity allows a client to enjoy very low interest payback for as low as 3 – 4% per annum for a period of 5-10 years bypassing the usual rigorous procedures..
Awaiting to read back from you on my private email: Robertsaunders_investment@representative.com Next to Investor.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- Some of the wording used is indicative of the author being based in West Africa.