Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: <email@example.com> From: Cathy Trosclair <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Contact us for a loan ! Received: from User (126.96.36.199)
Borrow up to $50,000,000.00 USD and Choose between 1 to 30years repayment period. Reply for details on how to apply for this loan.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Time Dotcom Berhad City: Penang Country of Origin: Malaysia * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free AOL address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Malaysia, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.