Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: loan offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Loan Department <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Received: from [10.3.47.243] (unknown [22.214.171.124])
We offer easy personal loans, commercial/business loan, student loan, car loan, Leasing/equipment finance, debt consolidation, debt cancellation/administration, home loan etc. contact us today and you will be glad you did.
(Chief Executive Officer)
AJ Mortgage Loan Company
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Xtranet City: Nairobi Country of Origin: Kenya * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Outlook.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Kenya, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.