Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from 126.96.36.199 Subject: Loan at 2% rate From: Paul Greg <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Project funding–WORLDWIDE? $10,000–$900,000,000.00 USD private loans
available.? 2% interest compounded annually. Do you need funding for a
project? Buying property or setting up your own business? We give out
loans to serious minded individuals Firms and Companies who are in need of
financial assistance either for Personal, or for Business purpose, Send
your application inquires/business summary via email to:
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.