Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Michael Awad <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Financialhelp14@protonmail.com Subject: loan finance X-Originating-IP: [188.8.131.52]
We provide all types of loans, investments, project finance and financial support to individuals, businesses around the world. we give out funds at 2%. interest rate. Get your loan under seven (7) working days.
CEO: Jacques Attali
Loan consultant: Michael Awad
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria Communication Limited City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free email address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.