Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [220.127.116.11] Subject: Do you need a loan ? To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: "Mr. Richard Brouks" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need a loan ? we offer all kinds of loan If Yes, We offer funding at the rate of 3% interest rate- Interested person should contact us or text at +1 (404) 594-3768 or Reply us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Richard Brouks
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Estoxy Ou City: n/a Country of Origin: Estonia * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email gives no indication of where the “lender” is based, although there is a North American phone number, but the email originated from Estonia.