Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.56.1] (unknown [126.96.36.199]) Subject: Hello To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: CitiGroup International Loan <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan Applications Lend up to 50,000,000.00 Euros or Dollars Choose between 1 to 25 years repayment term.
We are currently building a system of loan acquisition to help various individuals and organizations with renewal, debt consolidation, refinancing and business setup intentions.
Repayment plan Flexible.
Mr. Nelson Weinster
CitiGroup International Loan
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Limited Liability Company Lifecell City: n/a Country of Origin: Ukraine * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free GMX address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.