Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [172.16.0.105] (unknown [126.96.36.199]) Subject: 3% LOAN OFFER/ APPLY NOW To: Recipients <> From: fbl <""@sahapat.co.th> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need an urgent loan? We offer Business Loan, Home Loan, Car Loan, Personal Loan, etc. We provide all types of loans at an interest rate of 3%. for more information contact us with the below email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Outh African Digital Villages City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Zoho address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud loan scam hotspot.