Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Jerry Jones <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
Hello, my name is Amber Shaw , am here to recommend you to a legitimate loan lender , who gave me loan of $45,000 and his name is Mr Jerry Jones from Jerry Jones Financial Investments , kindly contact him today for your loan application:email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- Scammers will often use fake testimonials as a means to entrap victims.
- The poor grammar is indicative of a West African scammer