Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Dr Maurice O'Rourke" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: "Dr Maurice O'Rourke" <email@example.com> Subject: Availability of non-recourse loan - apply
Availability of non-recourse loan at ‘Al Ansari Financial Services’ ranging from minimum of €20,000.00 Euros to the maximum of €500,000,000.00 Euros for 8-years duration. Loan is transferable via bank wire transfer MT103, Bank Guarantee / Standby Letter of Credit MT760 and loan interest rate is 3% annual.
Dr Maurice O’Rourke
Al Ansari Financial Services
Financial consultant Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Address: Al Salam St – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 2 696 8333 ext 003
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who the company offering the loan are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.