Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Liberty Financial <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Liberty Financial <email@example.com> Subject: Important Notice!! X-Originating-IP: [18.104.22.168]
I am Mrs. Lilian Jossy, an approved and certified lender with years of experience in lending..I give out Collateral and Non Collateral loans. Apply now if interested..
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Stackpath Llc City: n/a Country of Origin: Anonymous Proxy * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email was sent using an anonymous proxy, a legitimate business would have no need to hide its location like this.