Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from DREW.home (unknown [188.8.131.52]) Subject: Re: Details Needed For Your Disbursement!!! To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Jon Kem Keith <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 01:00:30 -0300 Reply-To: email@example.com
We are registered finance lender we offer fast and Legit cash to individual at 2% interest rate. Do you think of getting an urgent finance to start up business,pay up bills or debt? We offer all kinds of finance to Customer and we shall be glad to offer you a finance. For more information contact us on <firstname.lastname@example.org>
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Vodafone Ghana As International Transit City: Accra Country of Origin: Ghana * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Ghana, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.