Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [100.120.179.53] (unknown [18.104.22.168]) Subject: Re: Update on loan!!! To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: Brantley <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need a loan? If yes kindly contact us now for more info
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Equinix Brasil Sp City: Sao Paulo Country of Origin: Brazil * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Outlook.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originates from Brazil. Lenders are only authorised to offer loans in the country they are located. So if this email was from a legitimate lender (it isn’t), they would not be able to offer loans to individuals outside of Brazil.