Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Loan Offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: "Mr. Glen Henderson" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
We offer loan from € 2,000 to € 500.000,000 million at a 2% interest rate. Do you need financial support? You need a loan to pay off your bills or buy a house? Do you have your own business and need a loan? Contact us today via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.