Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from unknown (HELO User) (18.104.22.168) Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "P.A.F Group" <email@example.com> Subject: Project Assistance !
We are a group of private investors seeking to help people in difficulty, private companies or all self-employed persons, of good morality and contributors of profitable projects to work in association. We can invest in the development of your company or projects. Since the beginning of this year, we have inserted a new micro financial session giving the right to a credit granting to all autonomous persons who can respect his
commitment to our current regulations for a loan ranging from 2000 to 5.000.000 Euro / Dollars repayable over a specific period
ranging from twelve to three hundred and sixty months or thirty years (30 years) thus with an interest rate of 2% per annum.
Please let us know if you are interested.
Receive our cordial greetings.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Spacetel City: Cotonou Country of Origin: Benin * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Benin, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.