Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Christopher A. Wray" <email@example.com> Subject: Greetings, To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
I am Mrs. Rendon Rebeca Alice, I work for a consortium with reserve
block funds mapped out for sponsorship of projects. We Offer Private,
Commercial and Personal Loans with very Minimal annual Interest Rates
as Low as 3.5% within 1 year to 20 years repayment duration period to
any part of the world. We are open to negotiation with people with
genuine projects that needs DIRECT LONG TERM LOAN and if agreement is
reached, funds will be made available in case you have projects and
interested in furthering this conversation, let me know by responding
through my email address:( firstname.lastname@example.org ). More
information would be made available to you on ascertaining your
seriousness and interest.
We give up to $100.000 $200,000 to $500.000 to $1m.
The processing fee of $100,000 is $350
The processing fee of $200 is $75000
The processing fee of $500 is $1,500
The processing fee of $1m is $2,500
responding through my
email address:( email@example.com ). More information
would be made
LOAN OFFER (APPLY NOW)
Mrs. Rendon Rebeca Alice
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.