Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Maria Grittner-Wittig <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Maria Grittner-Wittig <email@example.com> Subject: Fast and reliable loan offer X-Originating-IP: [126.96.36.199]
Hello to you.
You end up in big financial problems, you had debts and you can not solve them for want of money, you had a large number of creditors who harass you. Our institution offers you today a fast and reliable solution in complete safety. We grant loans ranging from 5.000$ to 1.000.000$ to anyone able to meet the conditions for obtaining a special loan with a 3% interest rate. Either you need urgent money for other reasons.
Please contact us for more information.
Sr FEDERICO MORVILLO
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Dragonhispeed City: n/a Country of Origin: Thailand * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The name of the sender in the From header is totally different to the name in the main email.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Thailand, so the lender would only be authorised to ofer loans to individuals in Thailand not randomly email people worldwide.