Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Ronnie Steele <email@example.com> Subject: Loan x-originating-ip: [188.8.131.52]
I render loan services at an affordable interest rate of 3%. Get back to me, if interested via Email: specialfundshare@gmail . com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Leaseweb Usa, Inc. City: Miami Country of Origin: United States * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to. And the sending address belongs to a University in the USA.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from an IP address, which is a proxy server often abused by scammers.