Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] Subject: Loan Offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: "Mr.John Sewell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Apply for a loan today with your loan amount and duration, Its Easy and fast to get @ 4% interest rates and monthly installment payments certified private Loan company approved by the Government. We give out international and local loans to all countries in the world, Amount given out ( $2,500 to $10,000,000 Dollars, Euro and Pounds.) FOR MORE INFORMATION: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr.John Sewell
IP Address details
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Spectranet City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.